Double Ginger Molasses CookiesFrom keni 2 years ago
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2t baking soda shopping list
- 2t ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2t ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2t salt shopping list
- about 1 inch crystallized ginger, grated shopping list
- 3 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw sugar shopping list
- 2/3c unsulphured molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2t vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup raw sugar(large grained) for rolling shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together til well blended and a lil fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat well, again.
- Add molasses and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, a lil at a time, mixing well, but not beating, after each addition, to incorporate. Do not over mix.
- Add grated ginger then give it another lil stir just to mix it through.
- Refrigerate dough for a couple hours.
- When ready to bake, pour the remaining 1 cup of raw sugar into a small, shallow dish.
- Using your hands pull off small chunks of the dough and roll between your palms lightly to create some roundish pieces, about walnut sized(or a lil bigger). Don't make them too smooth or too perfect .... these do better when they are rustic and loosely formed.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in the sugar then place on a baking stone or parchment lined sheet, and bake at 375 for about 12 minutes. This should yield a firm cookie, great for dunking, but if you want them softer, bake a couple minutes less.
- Let rest on stone/sheet for a couple minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool.