Los Barrios Enchilada GravyFrom sara 3 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add
- the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the our is
- browned (this mixture is called a roux); be careful not to let
- the flour burn. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder,
- salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3
- Gradually add the water, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring
- frequently, for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat and boil gently
- for 15 minutes.
The Cooksara Atlanta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!