Gravlax My WayFrom gourmetana 5 years ago
- 2 pounds salmon fillet, skin on (ask at the fishmarket to take off all the bones for you, or you'll have to do it later - very important) shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarse salt, I used sea salt flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup (under measured) sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh dill shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 4 tbsp white rum shopping list
How to make it
- Make a few scores on the salmon skin and make sure there are no fish bones.
- In a bow blend together the salt, sugar, pepper, dill, lime juice and rum.
- Cover a deep dish or tray with plastic wrap and place the fish over it.
- Use the dill and salt blend to make a blanket over the salmon. See Photo
- Wrap the salmon tight, place a tupperware with 2 cans on the salmon. See Photo
- Put it in the fridge for 48 hours.
- Take the salmon off the fridge, unwrap it and discart the herbs.
- Cut thin slices and it is ready to serve. Enjoy!