Good Luck Chicken Chow MeinFrom DetroitTokyo 1 year ago
- 6 oz. chow mein noodles, cooked according to package instructions, rinsed with cold water & well drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- crushed red pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas/sugar snap peas, trimmed & halved diagonally shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, sliced on an angle shopping list
- 1 large carrot, shredded shopping list
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced (I used baby bella but use what you like) shopping list
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts shopping list
- 4 green onions, white & light green parts cut into chunks, green parts sliced shopping list
- 1 cup bamboo shoots shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (I used purple) shopping list
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken, diced (I used poached breasts)* shopping list
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- *Note: You may substitute any other type of protein here (ex: beef/pork/shrimp/tofu) or leave it out altogether. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tsp sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cooked noodles and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil and 1 tsp sesame oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and season with crushed red pepper, cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant but not browned. Add snow peas and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-4 minutes. Add noodles and chicken, toss to incorporate. Add oyster sauce and remaining tsp sesame oil. Toss to incorporate. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until all is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!