Cream Of Roasted Asparagus And Mushroom SoupFrom keni 4 years ago
- 3lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and broken into about 1-2 inch pieces shopping list
- 12oz fresh baby bellas, sliced shopping list
- drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or chopped shopping list
- 3-4 cups beef stock shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- about 4-6 sprigs of fresh thyme shopping list
- several dashes of Tabasco sauce(green, if you have it :) shopping list
- about 1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream OR half and half shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and plenty of fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place asparagus and mushrooms on a large baking sheet, with sides. Try to put asparagus on one side and the mushrooms on the other to make things easier, later.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then toss around a bit to coat.
- Place tray in a 450 oven and roast, tossing once, if needed, for about 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside(remember, keep separate)
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large stock or soup pot.
- Add onion and cook about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add stock, thyme, asparagus and salt and pepper.
- Simmer soup about 15-20 minutes, until asparagus is very tender.
- Remove thyme sprigs.(you can use just the leaves, if desired, then you don't have to remove the sprigs, but the flavor will be a lil more intense. I prefer the simmer/remove method for most dishes with the earthier herbs like rosemary and thyme)
- Using an immersion blender(or a regular blender, in batches), carefully blend soup until smooth. (I always remove from the heat for this)
- Add mushrooms(use slotted spoon if a lot of liquid roasted off the mushrooms), Tabasco sauce and cream and return to heat.
- Heat just until heated through. Don't boil.
- Garnish with reserved roasted asparagus tops and garlic/pepper fried onions, if desired.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Keni, I did a toss-up yesterday (Sunday) on making a Broccoli or Asparagus soup and I did Broccoli now I am glad I did so I can try your recipe this coming weekend, I also just posted a very good French Onion I am sure you will enjoy Keni
RRrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it