Thai Green Curry Shrimp & VegetablesFrom DetroitTokyo 1 year ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp green curry paste (1 would be more mild, 2 medium-hot, if you like it hotter go ahead and add another tbsp) shopping list
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or palm sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (soy sauce may be used) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas, trimmed and halved shopping list
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined (I took the tails off, too) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can bamboo shoots, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil, roughly chopped (optional) shopping list
- green chilies, thinly sliced (optional) shopping list
- 3-4 cups cooked rice (I used short-grain brown but Jasmine or sticky would be good) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and blend in with a fork. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, stir to incorporate and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, cook 2 minutes. Add snap peas and shrimp, cook for 2 minutes. Add sprouts and bamboo shoots. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until shrimp are just pink.
- Serve over rice, garnished with basil & chilies if using.
- Nutritional Info Per Serving (with brown rice): 519 calories; 19 g fat; 1318 mg sodium; 64 g carbohydrates; 8 g fiber; 21 g protein.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!