Pineapple "fried" RiceFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 eggs, whisked in a bowl with s+p to taste shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used Canola) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- pinch crushed red pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed & halved shopping list
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used Basmati) - leftover 1-2 days is best shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pineapple shopping list
- sesame oil, to taste shopping list
- soy sauce, to taste shopping list
- rice vinegar, to taste shopping list
- ground sea salt & black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 green onion, trimmed & sliced thinly on an angle shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a small skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium. Add eggs and cook until set, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 1 minute, or until done through. Set on cutting board to cool. Once cool, roll up and slice in thin strips.
- Heat veg oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, peas, and sprouts. Cook about another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender crisp.
- Add rice, egg, and pineapple. Season with sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a bit of s&p (less is more to start). Mix to incorporate, cook to heat through - about 3-5 minutes. Add more seasoning if needed.
- Garnish with sliced green onion to serve.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!