Lemongrass Chicken Soup W Egg NoodlesFrom oliviajasonkim 4 years ago
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup enoki mushroom shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (gochugaru) shopping list
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bruised shopping list
- 1/2 onion halved shopping list
- 1 thin piece ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup bean sprout shopping list
- 1 cup chopped kimchi shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 7 oz egg noodles shopping list
- 1 large chicken breast shopping list
- scallion thinly sliced (garnish) shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the single chicken breast, lemongrass stalks, onion, and ginger together in a large pot. Boil for 30 minutes while skimming off excess foam floating to the top with a sieve. Remove chicken breast about halfway through.
- In a separate pot, simmer the 6 cups chicken stock with red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring the broths together and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to frying pan and sear the chicken breast until thoroughly browned. Set aside and cut into strips.
- On the same frying pan, slightly cook the enoki mushrooms for a minute.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Place noodles, kimchi, mushrooms, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chicken strips in a bowl.
- Fill with chicken broth and garnish with scallion strips or red bell pepper slices.
- *The chicken breast was boiled first to save time and to ensure a fully cooked chicken. You may skip this step and simply sear it from the beginning.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
The Rating1 people
This is lovely. Love soups and lemongrass! Again, I'm new to the Kimchi! :) Welcome to GR!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Made this last night and really enjoyed it. Loved the addition of the kimchi. The broth was very flavourful. I used chinese egg noodles and thought they were great. Next time I'll change things up a bit and use less pots. :) More in IMI II.
morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!