Lemongrass Chicken Soup W Egg NoodlesFrom oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup enoki mushroom shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (gochugaru) shopping list
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bruised shopping list
- 1/2 onion halved shopping list
- 1 thin piece ginger shopping list
- 1/2 cup bean sprout shopping list
- 1 cup chopped kimchi shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 7 oz egg noodles shopping list
- 1 large chicken breast shopping list
- scallion thinly sliced (garnish) shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the single chicken breast, lemongrass stalks, onion, and ginger together in a large pot. Boil for 30 minutes while skimming off excess foam floating to the top with a sieve. Remove chicken breast about halfway through.
- In a separate pot, simmer the 6 cups chicken stock with red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring the broths together and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to frying pan and sear the chicken breast until thoroughly browned. Set aside and cut into strips.
- On the same frying pan, slightly cook the enoki mushrooms for a minute.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Place noodles, kimchi, mushrooms, bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chicken strips in a bowl.
- Fill with chicken broth and garnish with scallion strips or red bell pepper slices.
- *The chicken breast was boiled first to save time and to ensure a fully cooked chicken. You may skip this step and simply sear it from the beginning.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!