Apple Pie Baked In The ApplesFrom jabec 4 years ago
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven 375 F
- Cut off the top of 4 apples off and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon or melon baller very carefully, as to not puncture the peel.
- If you didn't make too much of a mess of the inside chop it up and use for filling.
- Remove skin from remaining apple(s) and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will give you the additional filling needed to fill the four apples you are baking.
- Mix sliced apples with sugars and cinnamon in a bowl. If you prefer more or less cinnamon make adjustments as desired. Same goes for the sugar.
- Scoop sliced apples into hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips. You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture/sweetness to the pie.
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft.
- The entire thing is edible and best served with ice cream if you ask me. Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjabec Kingston, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!