Homemade Bread CrumbsFrom alaskanmom 9 years ago
- 1/4 Cup butter melted shopping list
- seasonings of any kind (I like to use garlic salt, parsley, basil, onion salt, use what you have on hand and like) shopping list
- 8 bread slices, cut or torn into 1/2 inch pieces (use any kind you have on hand. I used white bread & 3 onion hamburger buns) shopping list
- (4 slices of bread = 1 Cup of fine bread crumbs) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut or tear your bread and place in a large bowl.
- Mix your desired seasonings into the melted butter.
- Pour some seasoned butter over bread pieces and stir.
- Pour remaining butter over bread and stir to coat.
- On a cookie sheet lay the seasoned bread out in a single layer.(they will dry faster & evenly)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, turn them and bake for another 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown & crisp.
- To make fine bread crumbs run them through a food processor or blender.
- Or place them in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to grind them up.
- Store in an airtight container on the shelf for a few weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.
- *You can also do the drying without any seasonings just add them before grinding them up.
- *If you don't want to start the oven just for this, you can put them in the oven after you've already cooked something, (Like dinner) Put the pans into the hot oven, turn it off and allow the bread to dry at their own pace for a few hours.
The Cookalaskanmom Wasilla, AK
- Not added to any groups yet!