Dak Galbi (spicy Chicken Stir Fry)From oliviajasonkim 2 years ago
- Ingredients: Serves 4 people shopping list
- •2, 3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- •2 cups tteok (rice cake) shopping list
- •1 tbsp cooking wine (mirin okay) shopping list
- •1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- •2 tbsp gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes) shopping list
- •4 tbsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste) shopping list
- •4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- •2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- •1 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- •1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- •1/4 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- •3 scallions, chopped into 1″ pieces shopping list
- •1/2 onion, sliced into thin strips shopping list
- •1/4 large cabbage, cut into strips shopping list
- •1 sweet potato, sliced round shopping list
- •1/2 cup water shopping list
- •1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- •1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- •1/2 tsp sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut chicken pieces into bite-size pieces.
- 2. In a large non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp oil and add the chicken pieces. Cook on medium-high for a few minutes.
- 3. Prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Add to the frying pan. Cook until chicken pieces are well coated and pieces are browned.
- 4. After slicing and dicing the vegetables, add the cabbage, sweet potato, onion, and rice cakes with the chicken pieces. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes loses its original color.
- 5. Next add the sliced perilla leaves, cabbage, and scallions (save some for garnish). Cook until they wilt or soften. Also, if the sauce seems to be drying up, you can add more water.
- 6. Serve with rice and garnish with roasted sesame seeds and scallion strips.
- *As mentioned early, in Korean restaurants (and now at home too) it's common to add some more rice, gim (dried seaweed), and sesame oil to the remaining sauce in the pan. Mix it together well and this will provide a great, last bite to your meal.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!