South Of The Border Chicken SubFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs chicken tenders or chicken breasts, pounded out to fit sandwich rolls shopping list
- about 2T ancho or chipotle chili powder shopping list
- 1T ground cumin shopping list
- 1T ground coriander shopping list
- 2 limes shopping list
- about 1 cup salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup guacamole shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayo shopping list
- 8oz pepper jack cheese, sliced shopping list
- fresh cilantro shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 6 sub style sandwich rolls(or similar) shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, coriander, a lil salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over one side of the chicken and the drizzle with the juice from the limes. Set aside for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- In medium bowl, combine salsa, guacamole, sour cream and mayo. Mix well and set aside.
- Grill chicken over medium high heat until done(165)
- Place a couple slices of cheese on the top side of each roll, then add the chicken.
- Build sammiches with the chicken, cheese, cilantro and the salsa mixture.
- You can also toss 'em back on the grill for a few seconds, to get all melty, if desired. :)