Tutu’s Teriyaki Sauce (marinade)From elgourmand 2 years ago
- • ½ Cup Dark, mushroom, soy sauce shopping list
- • 2 ½ Cups hot water shopping list
- • ½ Cup beer shopping list
- • 1 clove garlic, crushed & chopped. shopping list
- • ½ inch ginger, grated. shopping list
- • ½ Cups raw sugar. Use refined if you must but use a bit less. shopping list
- • 1 tsp salt. shopping list
- • A good pinch of sage, optional. shopping list
- • A wee pinch of oregano, optional. shopping list
- • A dollop of sherry or port. Tutu used Saki but I usually use port. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix the lot together.
- 2. Add the room temp chicken, beef, lamb, goat venison or alligator. If I’m doing bone in chicken I just do it.
- 3. For boneless chicken or steak I usually cube it and put it on skewers, after it marinates. See Photo
- 4. Cover tightly.
- 5. Let sit, stirring occasionally, for at least four hours. Overnight in the fridge is very good.
- 6. Go surfing. See Photo
- 7. Cook & enjoy
- This teriyaki sauce is fine for any sort of meat or fowl but not for fish. It’s a soak in marinade, not really a pour on sauce.
- Teriyaki is always best done on the BBQ, or that type of grill, but can be done in a cast iron type skillet.
- I usually serve this on a bed of rice or with Japanese fried rice and some See Photo
- pickled veggies. See Photo
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
- Not added to any groups yet!