Bibimbab (Korean rice W Vegetables & Beef)From oliviajasonkim 5 years ago
- Directions: shopping list
- •4 cups cooked white rice shopping list
- •1 bunch fresh spinach (or pre-packaged spinach) shopping list
- •1 lb sandwich steaks, thin cut (any thin cut will work though) shopping list
- •2 carrots, cut into thin matchsticks shopping list
- •1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- •1 english cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks (mixed with gochugaru) shopping list
- •1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- •4 large eggs, sunny side up shopping list
- •4 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- •2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- •4 tbsp gochujang (Korean red pepper paste; Sriracha sauce okay too) shopping list
- •1 tsp sesame seeds (garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2.Cut vegetables into matchstick pieces and set aside for sauteing.
- 3.In a large non-stick pan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add spinach and cook, stirring constantly until wilted; drain. When cool enough to handle, squeeze spinach dry into a ball.
- 4.Wipe out skillet; heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high. Add carrots and cook until soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook 4 minutes. Add cucumber slices with gochugaru (red pepper flakes). Add spinach and soy sauce and stir to combine.
- 5.Add thinly sliced beef to non-stick pan and heat until browned. Wipe down with napkin.
- 6.Heat 1 tsp olive oil in non-stick pan over medium-high. Add eggs and cook until whites are set and yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes.
- 7.Divide rice among four bowls; top with vegetables and eggs. Drizzle each with sesame oil, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with gochujang (red pepper paste) or Sriracha sauce as substitute.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!