Cheese Tortellini SoupFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced organic fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices shopping list
- 6 cups homemade roasted chicken stock shopping list
- 9 oz. fresh cheese tortellini shopping list
- 3 cups fresh organic baby spinach, loosely packed shopping list
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- grated parmesan, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions to the pan and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the oregano and diced tomatoes. Add the broth to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package directions. One minute before the tortellini is fully cooked, stir in the spinach. Remove from the heat.
- Season to taste (salt, pepper, lemon juice) and serve with grated Parmesan as desired.