Key Lime Margarita PieFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1/2 cup pretzels, finely crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 2 tablespoon tequila shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- lime slices (mango and fresh mint in pic) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the pretzel crust, combine the crushed pretzels, graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter. Once the mixture is combined, spread the mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie tin. Press the mixture in the tin onto the bottom and the sides to form a firm even crust. Bake for 5 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Let shell cool until needed.
- For the filling, use a large mixing bowl, and combine the sweetened condensed milk, limeade, tequila, orange liqueur, and food coloring if desired, until all ingredients are well mixed. In a medium size bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the lime and tequila mixture. Spoon the filling into the pie shell, cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pie stand for 10 minutes after coming out of freezer. Slice pie and garnish with lime slices.