Greek Hero SandwichFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1 loaf good French bread, footlong at least shopping list
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into strips shopping list
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced (won't use all of it though) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 fresh tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 3-4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- romaine lettuce shopping list
- kalamata olives, no pits, sliced shopping list
- hummus, homemade or store bought (If I buy it, I use Tribe of Two Sheiks brand) shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. If it's thick, remove some of the "bread guts" from the top half so the fillings fit better. (I usually do that.)
- Spread the hummus on the bottom half of the bread.
- Layer with; roasted red pepper, cucumber, onion and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese. and olives.
- Sprinkle with some oregano and a DRIZZLE of olive oil if desired.
- Cover with lettuce.
- Put top half of bread on top.
- Use 4 toothpicks to secure the sandwich in equal portions.
- Slice and serve.