Best Banana BreadFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 3 medium - large very ripe bananas, just mashed chunky - not pulverized shopping list
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance (or butter/margarine), melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour, or part whole wheat flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 4x8 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place mashed bananas and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes, check with toothpick if done in middle. If not, continue to bake in 5 minute incriments, checking between, up to 1 hour in total.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.