Mongolian PorkFrom luisascatering 3 years ago
- 1 lb pork tenderlion, thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine) shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- ~ shopping list
- 3 tsp canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, crushed and minced shopping list
- 3 cloves crushed and minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (not packed), or to taste shopping list
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 4 small fresh thai red chilies, left whole shopping list
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on diagonal shopping list
How to make it
- Pat pork slices dry and add to a bowl with soy, rice wine and corn starch. Toss to ensure all pieces are just coated. Shake off excess.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large wok or non-stick pan over high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on all sides. Remove to bowl and set aside. Turn the med-heat and add the remaining oil to the wok. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan, stir until fragrant. Add the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Cook the sauce for about 2 minutes then add the pork back. Cook until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Add the green onions and thai chilies, stir, and remove from heat. Plate and serve.