New Potatoes And Asparagus With Lemony Garlic Herb Mayonnaise SaladFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- mayonnaise Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise, preferably made with Canola or olive oil shopping list
- Grated Zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves (or more, to taste), mashed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp (or more, to taste) tarragon or other fresh herb such as dill shopping list
- salt and pepper, if desired (none needed) shopping list
- Vegetables: shopping list
- 1 Bunch asparagus, tough end removed, slice diagonally in 1.5 inch pieces (or Haricots Verts) shopping list
- 2 Lbs small new potatoes with skin, cleaned but not peeled (optional) shopping list
- 1 red bell peppers, roasted (if desired) and chopped shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half shopping list
- 1 Bunch (about 4 – 5) green onions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the dressing in a bowl large enough to fit the salad ingredients by mixing the mayonnaise, the lemon, garlic and fresh herb of your choice. Place in refrigerator to keep chilled.
- Steam or boil the asparagus for about five minutes (in a small amount of water) until they are al dente (firm, but not hard, with resistance to the bite). Drain and immediately place in the bowl of cold mayonnaise. Toss to coat with mayonnaise dressing. Put the bowl back into the refrigerator to halt the cooking process.
- Slice the small potatoes in half or quarters, depending on their size. Boil the potatoes for about 5 or 10 minutes, until tender when pierced by a fork. Drain and place in the bowl with the mayonnaise and asparagus. Toss to coat with the mayonnaise dressing. Place in the refrigerator.
- Roast the red bell peppers if desired, chop, and add to the mix. Chop the white part of the green onions, cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and place in bowl with the other vegetables; toss.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!