Key Lime PieFrom efitobx 3 years ago
- Pie Shell: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- ¼ cup of sugar shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 graham cracker crust shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipped cream shopping list
- 8 thin slices of lime shopping list
How to make it
- Pie Shell:
- Mix together graham crackers crumbs & sugar in a bowl
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter. A microwave works great.
- Stir together melted butter graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press mixture into pie plate
- Pre-bake the pie crust, bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven
- Cool completely before filling.
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit
- In mixer combine sour cream and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well
- Add lime juice and zest. Mix well.
- Pour the lime batter into the pie shell.
- Place pie on a half sheet pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool completely
- Place a sheet of wax paper directly on top of pie and cover pie with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve garnish each serving with a couple of tablespoons of. whipped cream and a slice of lime.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!