Fruit Explosion MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 6 oz flour shopping list
- 6 oz whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1 oz oat bran shopping list
- 1 oz whey isolate protein powder (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 packet caramel flavoured stevia (optional) shopping list
- 2 tbsp buttermilk powder shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3 tbsp applesauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 75 grams silken tofu, pureed shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh (or frozen, unthawed) blueberries shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh (or frozen, unthawed) raspberries shopping list
- 3 dried apple rings, cut in half and soaked in hot water shopping list
- 3 tbsp Vegan Strawberry Curd Slightly Soused or strawberry jam shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease 6 jumbo muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, oat bran, whey powder (if using), baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, buttermilk powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugars, oil, applesauce, vanilla, tofu and water. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Fold in the berries.
- Portion into the muffin cups and top each with a dried apple ring half.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake 12 minutes longer.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then unmould onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a Bismarck (donut filling) tip, fill each muffin with about 1/2 tbsp of Vegan Strawberry Curd Slightly Soused or jam. See Photo
- Muffins can be frozen filled or unfilled.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!