Italian Sausage Stuffed ZucchiniFrom krumkake 2 years ago
- 12 ounce mild Italian sausage (if you use Hot or Spicy Italian Sausage, omit the red pepper flakes) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to your taste shopping list
- salt and pepper, to your taste shopping list
- Couple pinches of italian seasoning shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- ½ cup frozen or fresh sweet corn shopping list
- 8 ounce block cream cheese shopping list
- 4 zucchini (large enough to hold the filling), cut in half lengthwise and the seeds dug out of the center of each half (discard seeds) shopping list
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Fry sausage and onion until done; stir in seasonings, frozen or fresh corn, and cream cheese, stirring until cream cheese is melted and all is blended together.
- Place cleaned, de-seeded zucchini on a tray for oven or grill, whatever you’re using to bake it. Stuff each half with the sausage filling and sprinkle tops with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees, in oven or on your grill, for 25 to 35 minutes, until cheese is browned on top and zucchini is tender. Serve immediately…leftovers reheat very well!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!