Homemade Mosquito TrapFrom tuilelaith 3 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the top off a 2 liter bottle.
- Invert the cone and place it inside the straight part of the bottle.
- Glue the two pieces together.
- Add 1 tsp yeast and 1/2 cup sugar to some luke warm water, and pour the mixture into the bottle.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide that you exhale.
- The yeast feeds off the sugar and emits the same gas, so the mosquito enters the bottle, thinking it will find food there and is trapped.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- We found that using duct tape around the top keeps the edges covered so no one gets cut or hurt on it.
- ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Be sure that you leave space between the way they get in and the water level. You want the critters to get into the jug but not be able to find their way out!
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!