Goat Cheese CannelloniFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato pasta sauce shopping list
- 10.5 oz soft goat cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 17 fl. oz 1% cottage cheese, drained shopping list
- 1 tbsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 7 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained well shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 fresh "lasagne" sheets, cut in half width-wise shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 7 oz (about 1 1/4 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 oz (about 3 1/2 tbsp) finely grated low-fat mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a casserole dish large enough to hold all 12 cannelloni.
- In a small bowl, combine the pasta sauce and 2 tbsp (about 1 oz) of the goat cheese until smooth See Photo. Spread a third of this mixture on the bottom of the casserole and set the remainder aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the remaining goat cheese, thyme, basil, onion powder, lemon zest, cottage cheese, yogurt, spinach and garlic.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- On each lasagne sheet half, spoon (or pipe through a piping bag or Ziploc) a line of the cheese mixture along the longer edge.
- Roll up pasta like a cigar, placing each finished roll seam side down in the sauce in the dish.
- Drizzle top of pasta with olive oil and spoon the rest of the sauce mixture evenly overtop.
- Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes and Mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until hot throughout and the Mozzarella is melted.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members