Red Wine Chocolate Cake With Mascarpone FrostingFrom moxie2burn 1 year ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 t. baking soda shopping list
- 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup canola oil shopping list
- ½ cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
How to make it
- Grease and flour 2 round layer cake pans, one 9 x 13 pan or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, and cocoa in large bowl.
- Add oil, wine, eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water. The batter will be thin. Pour the batter into prepared pans or cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely and fill/frost as desired.
- Mascarpone Icing
- 2 8 ounce containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 -3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Lightly beat the mascarpone, then add the confectioners' sugar to your preferred consistency and beat until creamy.
- Frosted Grapes
- Simply coat grapes in egg white and roll in granulated sugar, placing apart from each other on waxed paper. Allow to dry for an hour before applying to cake.
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Mascarpone Frosting recipe Copyright © 2012 by Trysha Mapley. Contact the author to obtain permission for republication.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!