Crab And Cheese Stuffed MushroomsFrom moxie2burn 1 year ago
- 24 cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 2 shallots, minced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 ounces goat cheese (or cream cheese), at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup crabmeat shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped, plus extra for garnish shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 t. Old Bay Seasoning or celery salt, to taste shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 T. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and chopped mushroom stems to skillet. Once nearly cooked through and nearly all moisture has evaporated, add garlic and saute 2-3 minutes longer. Set aside to cool while you make cheese mixture.
- Mix together goat cheese, parmesan, lemon juice, crab, chives, cayenne, celery salt, and black pepper. Stir in shallot/mushroom/garlic mixture. Mixture should be very thick.
- Spray 9X13 pan with nonstick spray and add butter. Place mushroom caps in the buttered pan, and stir until caps are coated with the butter. Arrange caps cavity side up, and using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with additional Old Bay and parmesan. Pour wine into the pan around the mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned and mushrooms are cooked through. When the mushrooms are done, they will start to leak water and be hot all the way through.
- Serve warm.
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Not added to any groups yet!