Chipotle Beef TostadasFrom cinnamongal 1 year ago
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 large white onion, minced shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder shopping list
- 1 10-ounce can Mexican-style diced tomatoes with green chiles shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini or yellow squash, diced shopping list
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage shopping list
- juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving, if desired shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 8 tostadas (flat crisp tortillas) or taco shells shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown the ground beef with half of the minced onion, 1 teaspoon salt and the chipotle chile powder; cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is browned and the onion is tender, about 7 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the coleslaw mix, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Divide the tostadas among plates and spoon the beef mixture on top. Top with the cheese, slaw and the remaining minced onion. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!