Korean Kimchi Jeon (kimchi Pancakes)From oliviajasonkim 3 years ago
- 2 cups kimchi, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups buchimgaru (Korean pancake mix) shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1/4 onion, finely diced shopping list
- dash salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 red and green chili pepper shopping list
- vegetable or canola oil shopping list
- 1 egg (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Finely chop up the 2 cups of kimchi reserving liquid for the batter. Cut the onions in the same manner, cutting into small cubes is preferable. Finely dice the chili peppers.
- 2. Mix the kimchi, onion, half of the chili peppers, and water with the buchimgaru. Mix until thoroughly blended and a pancake-like consistency is achieved. Adding more water or buchimgaru might be necessary.
- 3. Add a generous amount of oil on a non-stick pan or skillet and wait until it reaches medium-high heat. Ladle the batter to fry in either one large pancake or several smaller ones, about 5 minutes or until slightly golden brown. If wanting a more aesthetic look, you can add a few chili pepper pieces in the center and then cook underside.
- 4. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy while hot. Soy dipping sauce would be ideal with this appetizer dish.
- *Buchimgaru can be bought at your local Korean market, but it can be substituted with flour and some seasoning of salt and pepper.
The Cookoliviajasonkim Madison, Wisconsin
- Not added to any groups yet!