Sour Cream Cornbread Or MuffinsFrom hollyeats 2 years ago
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (can use spelt flour) shopping list
- 2 TBS brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 scant tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (for best results, not low-fat) shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 TBS oil (not olive) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In larger bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. (If adding anything like bacon bits, cheese etc., stir them into flour mixture at this point, coating well.)
- In smaller bowl, beat together the egg, sour cream, milk and oil until smooth.
- Add this mixture all at once to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Batter will be lumpy; do not attempt to smooth it out.
- Spoon into greased 9x9" pan, greased 9" round cast-iron skillet or into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes (up to 30 for pan) or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting cornbread into squares in pan or wedges in skillet; but turn out muffins immediately.