Chicken Florentine CasseroleFrom cinnamongal 1 year ago
- 4 x 3 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1/2 box frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed to remove access liquid shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, blended to make smooth consistency shopping list
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 pound spiral pasta (or whatever pasta you wish to use) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mist a 9 x 11 baking dish with oil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil to medium-low and add garlic powder.
- Add flour and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and stir until thickened.
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg, oregano & pepper.
- Bring to simmer.
- Remove from heat and add blended cottage cheese, spinach, chicken, Parmesan cheese & pasta.
- Stir to combine.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden & bubbly.
The Cookcinnamongal Mequon, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!