Spring Potato CasseroleFrom otterpond 1 year ago
How to make it
- Put a pot of salted boiling water on while you peel and cube the potatoes.
- Slice the bacon lengthwise then chop into quarter inch bits. Put those into a frying pan on medium high until nice and crisp. Take the bits out and let them drain well.
- Chop the green onions, mince the celery and shred the carrot. Place all of those into the bacon pan and let them sauté in the bacon drippings.
- About now your potatoes should be ready to come off the heat and be drained. Don't let the over cook you need the firm but easily pierced by a fork. Don't let the cooked potatoes sit in the water or they will get mealy. Stop the cooking by rinsing off while they are draining in the colander.
- Combine all in a large mixing bowl and using a large spoon gently turn over and over. You want the veggies and bacon well distributed but to keeps its integrity not turn into mashers. On the last few turns fold in the chopped parsely.
- Move the mix into a serving bowl. Dot the top with butter. It can now be covered and put away until dinner time. Reheat in the microwave until it is steamy and you are good to go.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/spring-potato-casserole/