Channa MasalaFrom chuckieb 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 rounded tbsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 2 rounded tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, about 3/4 cup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chick peas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 rounded tbsp. garam masala shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add onion and cook until translucent and just browning, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, cayenne, turmeric, and salt.
- Stir in water and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes.
- Using a stick/immersion blender, blend tomato mixture until blended well. Add extra water, if needed.
- Add chick peas to tomato mixture and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Stir in garam masala and additional salt or pepper to taste if needed. Simmer chick peas and sauce for 10 min.
- Serve Channa Masala with rice and/or naan.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- PongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- qcumbers Campbell River, CA
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- bookbrat Priest River
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- ducky20536 Nowhere, Us
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- mandymoore Wiggins, Ms
- chuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔