Dulce De LecheFrom pointsevenout 3 years ago
How to make it
- Add milk to a stock pot and scald milk to 190F over medium heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir well.
- Monitor temperature with a candy thermometer.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat when temperature reaches 230F.
- While topping is simmering, boil half-pint or pint jars and lids in an inch of water for 10 minutes. Hold them in the hot water until ready for use.
- Recipe will reduce by about half.
- Fill and seal jars, flipping them upside down to cool.
- Store in the refrigerator until used up.
- Don't be a slouch. No preservatives in this recipe.
- Use it in baking and cooking as well as ice cream and over fruits and biscuits and pancakes.
- Warm the jar in water if you need it a more pourable consistency.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!