Roasted Tomato Garlic PasteFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- In a deep, non-stick pan, heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Scrape into a food processor with the tomatoes and salt and puree smooth.
- Run through a food mill, discarding seeds and skins.
- Pour pulp into a baking dish (I used a 9" square).
- Place in the oven and bake 3 - 4 hours, or until very thick, dark and pasty. Stir every hour or so to prevent burning.
- Stir in the citric acid.
- Allow to cool before placing into a plastic or glass container and storing in the fridge or freezer.
- This will keep in the fridge about 1 week, frozen up to 6 months. If canning, process in a hot water bath for 45 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members