Cheese Steak Stuffed BreadFrom keni 1 year ago
- 2 1lb balls of prepared bread/pizza dough(can used frozen or "tubed" version, if desired, as long as it's raw) shopping list
- 1lb left over sliced roast beef(can use rare deli cuts, too, if desired, but not sliced too thin) shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 2-3 bell peppers, sliced into thin half rings or chopped shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- lil olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup favorite mustard(rec whole grain, spicy, or something else with a lil character :) shopping list
- several dashes hot sauce shopping list
- several dashes worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1lb provolone cheese, sliced or grated shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Roll bread doughs to form 2 rectangles, about 16X12(this is approx:)
- Place them on large sheet pans(sprayed with no cook spray) or baking stones and set aside
- In medium skillet, saute onions, peppers and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil just until beginning to soften, about 5-10 min.
- Add beef, mustard , hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Layer the cheese over 1/2 of each of the bread rectangles. (reserve some for top)
- Using a slotted spoon(the mushrooms are gonna let out a lot of liquid... you don't want all this in the bread :), transfer 1/2 the beef/veggie mixture to each of the breads, over the cheese.
- Fold other side of the bread over the mixtures and seal the edges.
- Cut small slits in the tops of the breads.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 until bread and cheese are golden brown and heated through.
- Let rest about 5-7 minutes, then slice into "sticks" to serve.