Creamy Spinach And Black Eyed PeasFrom keni 3 years ago
- 3-5 cups cooked black eyed peas(you can cook your own, if you want, using broth and adding a lil seasoning, OR you can use the canned(2-3cans) variety, seasoned, if you can find 'em) shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- couple T olive oil shopping list
- 1lb baby spinach, roughly torn shopping list
- 8oz garlic and herb flavored goat cheese shopping list
- fresh ground pepper and kosher or sea salt(as needed, depending on how seasoned the beans are) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium, heavy skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook another 3 minutes
- Add beans and cook, stirring often, until thickening and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and salt and pepper.
- Stir well until cheese is melted.
- Turn off heat and add spinach and toss well to slightly wilt spinach and to heat through.
- Serve immediately.