Summer eggplant parmesanFrom danerin2 6 years ago
How to make it
- Slice eggplant about ¼ inch thick. Place eggplant in colander, sprinkling with kosher salt between layers. Allow to drain for 1-2 hours. Rinse off salt and pat dry, or wipe salt off slices.
- Heat some oil over medium high heat until it shimmers.
- Dip eggplant into beaten eggs, then into panko seasoned with pepper.
- Fry in oil until brown on each side.
- Drain cooked slices on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place a layer of eggplant slices in the bottom of a baking dish. Top with a few spoons of tomato sauce, then some slices of mozzarella and some shreds of parmegiano. Continue layering until all eggplant is used, ending with cheeses.
- Bake until cheese starts to brown and edges of eggplant start to get crispy.
The Cookdanerin2 Medford, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!