My Moms Lasagna - No RicottaFrom mrspotatohead 5 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 (28 ounce) jar traditional style spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 9 dry lasagna noodles (I cook a few extra just in case a noodle or two self destructs) shopping list
- 2 (6 ounce) packages deli-style mozzarella cheese slices (you'll need 12 slices total) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Sprinkle meat with onion powder.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well. Set aside.
- Drain noodles.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of sauce to pan.
- Top sauce with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with more sauce.
- Top sauce with enough mozzarella cheese slices to cover in a single layer (6 slices).
- Top cheese with 3 more noodles, sauce, 6 more cheese slices.
- Top cheese with remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top Parmesan with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes (watch closely after 30 minutes to make sure cheese does not over brown).
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.