Polish Potato SaladFrom knwalter 8 years ago
- 8 to 10 small red potatoes shopping list
- 2 fresh bratwurst links shopping list
- 1 fresh kielbasa or Polish sausage link shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 5 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider or white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 small red onion, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes just until tender; drain and let cool.
- Peel and slice potatoes; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausages until no longer pink, remove and cut into 1/4" slices; set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, flour, salt, mustard and celery seed to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until hot and bubby.
- Gradually add broth and vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Gently stir in onion, celery, parsley, potatoes and sausage; heat through.
- Serve immediately
- **Recipe from: "1999, Taste of Home, Annual Recipes"**
The Cookknwalter Paulsboro, New Jersey
The Rating2 people
Wow, love this one, very different from my polish
potato salad. (which will now have to post soon) lol
Really great post, not seen in any of my polska cook
books. Thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!