Spicy Island Pork Sandwich With Cilantro MayoFrom keni 4 years ago
- about 2lbs boneless pork steaks or chops(about 1/2 inch thick) shopping list
- juice from 2 limes shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3T spicy mustard shopping list
- 1T fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Mexican crema shopping list
- 1/2-2t red pepper flakes shopping list
- bunches of dashes of favorite hot sauce shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1lb hot pepper cheese, sliced or shredded(I used a great hatch cheddar) shopping list
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced about 1/2 thick shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- romaine lettuce shopping list
- Sub or hoagie style rolls, split and lightly toasted/grilled, if desired shopping list
For cilantro Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2T sour cream or Mexican crema shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped or torn shopping list
- 1T spicy mustard shopping list
- a couple dashes of hot sauce shopping list
How to make it
For Cilantro Mayo
- Combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pork in an extra large zipper bag.
- Shake well to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, but overnight is best.
- Grill over high heat a couple of minutes on each side, only. Do not over cook. Pork is safe to eat at 145.
- Toss the pineapple slices on the grill for a minute or so per side, too.
- Layer sammiches with the pork, sliced pineapple, tomato, lettuce, cheese and a nice dollop of the cilantro mayo.