Peach Cobbler With Lavender Biscuit ToppingFrom DetroitTokyo 5 months ago
- about 4 pounds peaches, fresh or frozen defrosted to equal 8 cups peeled, pitted, and diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp minute tapioca shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp dried lavender buds shopping list
- 1 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp whole rolled oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- zest from 1 lemon shopping list
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream plus 2 tbsp for brushing shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar (turbinado if possible) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well to incorporate.
- Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish.
- Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, grind the lavender buds into a powder.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-blade, combine lavender powder, flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Pulse a couple of times.
- Add butter and pulse just until it begins to look sandy. Add cream and buttermilk. Process just until dough comes together, careful not to overwork.
- Using two spoons, form about 2 inch mounds of the topping and arrange them over the peaches. Brush with cream and top with sugar.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving. Fresh heavy cream, fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream would be welcome additions.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!