Swedish Ham Balls In Brown SauceFrom chummers 1 year ago
- 1.5 pounds ground ham shopping list
- 3 pounds ground pork butt shopping list
- 2 cups bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 well beaten eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together ground ham and pork, bread crumbs, eggs and water. My mother's notes say to use your hands.
- The original recipe says to make 16 balls. This are big more like a meal per ball, we tend to make 30 balls placing them in a 9X13 baking dish sprayed with no-stick.
- Preheat oven to 325* F.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a small sauce pan heating to dissolve sugar. Pour sauce over ham balls.
- Bake uncovered for an hour or until done (this will depend on how big you made your balls)
- Baste frequently (the more you baste, the more likely it will take longer to bake)
- There is no need to turn these as the basting puts a beautiful brown colored glaze on each candied delight.
- We have served these hot, warm and cold. Great leftovers. Great for holiday hors devours.
The Cookchummers Lindstrom, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!