Cheddar & Jalapeno Pigs In A BlanketFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 1 package all natural cocktail/mini sausages shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno, minced (remove membrane and seeds) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter, cubed and chilled shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, cold (you might need a little more) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Pat the sausages dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the cheese, paprika, and jalapenos. Add the chilled butter and rub it in, using your fingers, until the butter is pea sized. . Add the buttermilk and mix with a fork until it forms a shaggy dough that hold together.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and pat into a 1/2-inch circle. Fold the dough in half, then in half again. Press out and fold two more times. Roll the dough out into a rectangle 1/4-inch thick and cut into small rectangles (use the sausages to measure the width and length you will need). Wrap each sausage in the dough and pinch the seam closed. Place on the prepared baking sheet, cover and chill until ready to bake.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and puffed. Cool for five minutes before serving (I served mine with jalapeno jelly).