Bubble SugarFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
How to make it
- Bring sugar, salt, water and corn syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Stop stirring and cook the candy to 315F measured on a candy thermometer.
- Meanwhile, take a piece of parchment paper and crumple it, then gently smooth it out (keeping most of the wrinkled effect) and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Right before the sugar reaches 315F, spread the alcohol over the surface of the parchment with your hands (you may need a bit of extra alcohol to cover completely).
- When the sugar reaches 315F, remove the candy thermometer and, tilting the baking sheet slightly, carefully begin pouring the sugar syrup on the top of the sheet, so it runs down the parchment paper.
- The alcohol will make the sugar bubble.
- Allow sugar to cool, undisturbed, until fully set, at least 6 hours.
- Carefully peel the paper from the back of the bubble sugar, and break it into small pieces to use as decoration.
- Store at room temperature in a paper bag, away from heat and moisture.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!