Puerto Rican RoastFrom Esvega 2 years ago
- 1 2 lb. bone-in pork shoulder3-5 cloves garlic; sliced shopping list
- 2 oranges; juiced1 lg. lime; juiced shopping list
- 1 sm. onion; peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt1 tsp. shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or a couple of sprigs fresh oregano shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Using a small knife, cut slits all over the roast and stuff slits with garlic slices.
- 2. Combine all remaining ingredients in a gallon zippered bag and add roast.
- 3. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least three hours or overnight, turning occasionally to make sure the entire roast is marinated.
- 4. Heat oven to 475 degrees
- 5. Place the roast fat-side-up in a pan and pour in the marinade. The liquid should be about 3/4-inch in depth, if not add some water
- .6. Cook roast in the center of the oven for 30 - 45 minutes until well-browned
- 7. Cover with foil and reduce heat to 250
- 8. Continue cooking for 4 hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is always liquid in the pan.
- 9. Allow roast to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve drizzled with juices
People Who Like This Dish 10
- Shasha1510 Nowhere, Us
- kgarmany Nowhere, Us
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- marmielindo Inverness, FL
- Olivemoose Nowhere, Us
- PongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- donman Hammond, LA
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- CookWithAnna Bedford, United Kingdom
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookEsvega Fremont, Ca
- Not added to any groups yet!