Smoked Pork Chops With Drunken SauerkrautFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 6 thick slices of apple wood smoked bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 bay leaf, crushed shopping list
- 2 tart green apples, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed & roughly chopped shopping list
- 32 oz sauerkraut w/liquid shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth shopping list
- 1/2 cup stock or water shopping list
- 4 smoked pork chops (about 6 oz. each) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a medium stock pot over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp to your liking. Remove and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add cumin, caraway seeds, and crushed bay leaf to pot and stir well. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add apples, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sauerkraut, wine, and water. Bring to a boil. Submerge pork chops in mixture, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for one hour.
- Garnish with cooked bacon when serving.