Chicken DivanFrom PongoUSA 4 years ago
- 2 large Boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 3 tablesp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 large head broccoli (about 2 lbs.), stemmed and broken into 1"-2" florets shopping list
- 5 tablesp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablesp. Sherry shopping list
- 1/8 teasp. Freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup Finely grated parmigiano-reggiano shopping list
- 1 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked through, 13-15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; let cool slightly. Cut chicken lengthwise on the bias into 1/4"-thick slices and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, put broccoli into a large pot, cover with salted water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until barely tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Rub the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish with 1 tbsp. of the butter; set aside. Melt remaining 4 tbsp. butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually pour in stock and milk while whisking constantly. Cook until very thick, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, sherry, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of the cheese; stir until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Remove cheese sauce from heat and let cool slightly.
- 4. Arrange broccoli in the prepared dish in a single layer; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Arrange chicken evenly over top; sprinkle with almonds. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks; fold into sauce. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, with a baking sheet underneath to catch any drips, until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- I followed the recipe by the letter, just threw in some bok choy, besides the broccoli.