Jacques Pépin’s Chocolate Chunk CookiesFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cage free egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup organic sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons E. Guittard unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup Scharffen Berger Semisweet baking chunks shopping list
How to make it
- Set aside chunks and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar. Mix remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon in bowl (or 30 seconds in food processor) until smooth. Transfer dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 10″ log, 1″ thick. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in center.
- Unwrap cold log and sprinkle evenly with remaining tablespoon of sugar. Cut log into 20 cookies, each 1/2″ thick. pressed the chunks directly into the cookies. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange cookies 1″ apart, chips facing up. Bake 14-15 min. Cool on wire rack.