Fresh Pineapple LoafFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar ( lt brown sugar is also nice ) shopping list
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chopped with any juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Tbs baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour 2, 8 x 4 or 9x 5 inch loaf pans ( batter should fill pans 1/2 full )
- Beat eggs butter ,sugar and vanilla and beat smooth.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt
- Beat well into creamed mixture ( it may be thick )
- Slowly beat in pineapple and nuts.
- Divide mixture evenly into loaf pans..
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven about 45 mins- 1 hour or tested done in center with toothpick
- If browning too fast, tent with foil
- Let stand 10-15 minutes in pans
- Remove from pan.
- Cool and wrap
- Yield: 2 loaves
- Note: if you don't like nuts, omit and replace with things such as flaked coconut, maraschino cherries etc.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!